Community and Image Guidelines
Here are a few basic principles to keep us all safer in a cyber matchmaking/dating community today:
The Heart Market strictly prohibits the use of others member’s photos, profile content or videos for any purpose what-so-ever. No member of The Heart Market, Selective or Executive, shall be allowed to copy, save, or download another member’s profile, photo, and/or video. Doing so will result in immediate termination of membership without refund.
Protect your finances: Never give out your financial information to other online members. This can include your social security number, banking information, or even credit cards. Never wire money to anyone and ignore requests even if they are claiming to be in an emergency situation. Report all incidents immediately.
Protect your personal information and online access: The Heart Market team will never ask you for your name or password. Never give out your full name, phone number, address or personal email to someone you do not know. Make sure to disable auto features that keep you signed in or save your password on public computers. Use extra caution when viewing your personal and private information when on a public or shared computer.
BE SMART AND SAFE: The U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s advice to avoid online romance scams is available here: http://onguardonline.gov/articles/0004-online-dating-scams
Be alert and use common sense. If you sense an issue, please block the content or user and notify us immediately.
Block and report suspicious users:
You can block and report concerns about any suspicious user anonymously from your profile message system or by emailing us at email@example.com.
- Asking for money
- Married people or Under 21 years of age using the service
- Members sending harassing or offensive emails/IMs
- Members behaving inappropriately after meeting in person
- Falsified registration or profiles
- Spam or solicitation, such as invitations to call 1-800 numbers or attempts to sell products or services
Nudity: The Heart Market does not allow nudity on the site.
When meeting in person try to make the safest situation for yourself and the other member:
- Always meet in a public place and stay in public
- Always tell a friend or loved one where you are meeting and with whom
- Keep drinks to a minimum. Staying level headed for your first date gives you both a better chance at success and you will be able to focus should you need to make a judgment call
- For the first date we always recommend you either take your own Taxi or drive yourself
- If you are meeting long- distance, plan ahead and be sure to make your own arrangements.
Photo & Video Guidelines
Here are a few guidelines to help you along the way:
No “racy” photos/videos: The Heart Market support team will review each photo/video to make certain they are not explicit. Photos/Videos that are too suggestive, show too much skin, sheer or see through, or have nudity will not be accepted.
No drawn or copyrighted photos/videos: Please do not upload personal drawings, personal artwork, or any photos/videos that feature celebrities, people that are not you or your children, and materials that are copyright work.
Your current photos/videos: Please only upload current and accurate photos/videos of yourself. You may include photos/videos of yourself with your children, but photos/videos of your children without you will be rejected.
Profile photo: Please upload a current photo of your face for your profile image. You may include full length photos, however your face must be clear and included for your main profile image. Group photos will not be accepted for your primary profile image. Blurred photos may be rejected. Should you need assistance with a photo whether it be choosing or even cropping please email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.